11.20.2008

Fabulously sore!

I have a friend that I chat with every night on my computer while I work on homework. She lives in Sitka. Well, she has come to be one of my very good friends, even though we have never met face to face. She is an awesome person. We were chatting last night, and I asked her "have you gotten on your elliptical yet" (we had talked about it earlier and she was going to get in the habit again). "no, not yet" she replied. I thought, even though we are in completely separate towns, we could still motivate each other, so I said "OK, we are both going to do this tonight, I am going to go get on my treadmill and you get on your elliptical" We figured out our plans, and one, two, three- go! We both went to our respective machines, and burned some calories. Now I haven't gotten on my treadmill in exactly 3 months to the day, and so when I was on it, I was very stiff, and my body was very unwilling. I pushed myself through the first wall, and felt better. OK, I think I could jog, I thought to myself. So I did it. I jogged a quarter mile, and then walked for a while, and then jogged for another quarter mile, then walked it out. I felt so good for doing it! I made a mile and three quarters in 35 minutes. Not my best by any means, but hey it's a start! I am going to keep going, at least 2 times a week. Wednesday night for sure, then probably Friday or Saturday nights. Then during winter break I will go more. I am so motivated to keep doing this, and I think with my friends help, I will.

When I went back to chatting with her we were shopping online, I was looking for an elliptical, and she for a treadmill. I think I settled on an exercise bike for now. I am pretty sure she is going to get the treadmill. We will keep pushing forward in our individual goals as a team even though we are far apart. Yes we can! =) Here is the bicycle that I am thinking about getting:

It is not very expensive at $199 (shipping included) It has an ipod connection and a lot of great features. J said I should order it for my Christmas present! I guess I know what I am getting! lol I am thinking it would be great to have in my living room so that I could ride it while watching my recorded shows. Or when I am doing homework and just need a pick-me-up. Either way, it is going to be great towards my goal of reaching pre-marriage weight, which of course won't happen if I get preggers! But this is something that will help me to get in shape so that I may have a better chance of getting preggers too. =)













No comments: