8.26.2009

Update...

It has been a while since I posted on this. We had a pretty great summer. I did not take any classes this summer. I started a new schedule at work, where I am off every other Friday so that is pretty great. We made it to my home town twice this summer. We also went to Cali to visit J's family. Pretty great summer.

I have a new little friend. She is 5 years old. We are going to try to foster adopt her. I can't wait, and I SO hope it happens. She is such a beautiful little girl and she's very smart. It is something that Jose and I thought long and hard about. Taking a child that is older was not a challenge we thought we would be ready for. So we started spending more time with her and getting to know her. She spends the weekends with us, and it feels pretty natural. That was what helped us to decide. Now we are just waiting for the state to give the final word.

The yearning for our own child has mellowed a lot in me since we decided to take K. She makes me feel like a mom, she tells me that she loves me, and always wants to be near me. She is very independent, and very funny. She is always on my mind. I look forward to teaching her new things. I look forward to seeing the wonder in her eyes when she sees new things. I look forward to her calling me mom. I look forward to the beautiful relationship that her and J will create. It will be challenging, but the rewards will outweigh the challenges. So begins a new chapter in our lives...

My song is on the radio right now....the one about "oh where oh where can my baby be? The Lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good.....So I could see my baby when I leave this world."

No comments: