10.20.2008

Reminiscing

Sometimes I really miss the good old days. For some reason lately I have been thinking a lot about when I was in high school, or even right after high school. When I was with my old boyfriend. When I could go where I wanted when i wanted. There are a lot of people that I really miss, especially the ones that I know I will not see again. Then there are all the "what if"'s. I love the "I remember when"'s. But sometimes they bring me down. One of my favorite quotes: "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." ~Helen Keller

I guess I need to stop looking at the door that closed, and concentrate on the doors that are opening for me. Wow, it has been a long time of looking back at that closing door. I have been looking to the opening doors for a long time, but once in a while steal quick glances at the closed door. One could always hope. Does this mean I am getting old? My goal, enjoy life to the fullest. Get all I can out of every great situation. Choose my attitude. Plain and simple, have fun. Do what I like to do when I should be doing what I have to do, and don't feel guilty about it. This must have to do with the fact that I am boggled down with school work right now. And there is still no end in site. *sigh*

No comments: